Welcome to Goreville's own SiFibe Internet!
We are excited to introduce a new internet service for Goreville and Southern Illinois!
Are you currently having trouble with speeds or reliability? Does your current ISP have outages often?
Why can't I stream video without it buffering every few minutes?
I have to reset my router constantly to get connected again.
The speed doesn't add up. I pay for more speed than I'm actually getting.
Compare SiFibe to DSL and Satellite
DSL has Weaknesses: Compare to Frontier, AT&T U-Verse.
Your current internet is probably coming from an old copper landline... the same ones that power landline phones dated back to the 1900's.
- Copper performs worse over long distances.
- The copper infrastructure connecting Southern Illinois is aging.
Fact: Frontier DSL uses these aging copper lines across long distances...
Have Satellite? Compare to HughesNet and Exede
If you have Satellite Internet, you will likely experience the following factors.
- Satellite Internet is beamed into space (about 23,000 miles), then back to earth (another 23,000 miles), then to its destination, where it is processed and returned to you.
- Every hop adds milliseconds of latency (lag), totaling to at least 550 milliseconds.
- Due to high latency and the uplink delay, gaming is nearly impossible.
- Many satellite services cap your data usage (10gb, etc). Keep in mind that streaming Netflix alone in High Definition can use up to 3 GBs/hour.
SiFibe Uses Over-The-Air Wireless Radio Signals
- SiFibe's tower receives internet through Fiber Optic Cable.
- Internet is broadcast from our tower using powerful radios.
- Internet is accessed at your location using radios we install on your property.
- Wireless Radio Frequencies travel effortlessly through the air.
- We make sure signal levels are strong, before installing at your location.
- Our radios are efficient, keeping latency(ping) low.
- No data caps, no throttling, and no reduced speeds EVER!